Friday, March 13, 2009

Are You Not Entertained?

So if you've found me on Facebook, you know we went to Italy last week. We were a little timid about venturing so far down the continent, renting a car and all that other business. So, for our first introduction to Italy, we decided on a bus tour. We flew to Rome from London and when we checked in, the trip got off to a great start. The woman at the ticket counter informed us that we could go to the club lounge! After making absolutely sure this was not something we had paid for, but merely lucked into, we headed off to see how the other half live. I may never travel coach again. Two floors of convenience, including a very posh playroom for the kiddos and self service free lunch, made our wait at the airport very nice. I would have taken pictures, but didn't want to totally give away that we did not belong. I mean, they had full on shower suites in this place. Nice.
Anyway, as if that wasn't an awesome vacation already, we still had a week in Italy ahead of us. We flew to Rome in our randomly assigned business class seats, with no one sitting next to us, and arrived after dark. Needless to say, the ride to the hotel was boring. The sightseeing would have to wait. Now, as I said before, this was a bus tour. Several stops. This will be a long post if I try to get it all in. I took 266 pictures. That's a long slide show. So this will be the Rome chapter. We toured Rome on our first day and our last day, in the rain and the sun, respectively. The sun was better. I loved exploring Rome. It seems like there is a grand Piazza around every corner, with a beautiful fountain in the middle of each one. And don't even get me started on the Roman ruins. Talk about old, and still standing there. Amazing. I would gladly return to Rome. I think we barely scratched the surface. Here are the pics.

4 comments:

~Lori said...

Looks awesome! How fun to be able to do that!

Unknown said...

love the pics! can't wait for the next installment :)

Abbey said...

I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go to Italy. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

The Graves Family said...

Beautiful pics. It looks like you guys are really enjoying your time in Europe.