Thursday, March 19, 2009

Some Final Thoughts

As if I haven't blogged enough today (four posts must be some kind of record), just a few thoughts to wrap up our visit. We absolutely loved Italy. We have some friends who live there and we have to admit we're a little jealous. We like England too, but there is just something about Italy that invites you in. We love the food, even if we did cop out and get McDonald's a couple times (hey, when you're traveling with kids). But the McDonald's we went to in Rome was the first in all of Italy and was featured on a Travel Channel countdown of the world's top ten best McDonald's (#1, by the way) so, even notoriety in our fast food choices. And we'll never forget getting stuck in the elevator at the Piazza di Spagna metro stop. A word to the wise, if you decide to climb the Spanish Steps, DO NOT take the elevator back down. We didn't think we were going to get Jake back in an elevator for the rest of the trip. And speaking of climbs, we'll have to go back so that I can go to the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. There was only time for Brandon to go this last time. And lastly, come armed with the best fashion you can pull together. These Italians are not going to let you forget that they have a monopoly on high end fashion. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE is stylish. I did not see one person who did not look like they had put some thought and effort into their wardrobe. It makes it easy to spot the Americans. Even the older people were dressed to the nines and the older ladies, well all the ladies really, were carrying their Louis Vuitton, or their Prada. We'll definitely go back. I just don't think it will happen soon enough.

No comments: