So, while we were in Rome we visited the Vatican, of course. I think I could have spent more time looking around, but those tour guides really have you on the march in order to stay on schedule. I really enjoyed the Vatican Museum, and the Sistine Chapel(where I was not allowed to take pictures, more on that later). Visiting the Vatican would have probably had more of an impact if I were Catholic, although it did make we want to read Dan Brown's Angel and Demons again. And there is no denying the beauty of Saint Peter's Basilica. I just felt a little intrusive when we walked through the tombs of the former Popes and all these people were kneeling and praying and crying. Oh well, to each his own. Here's some pics. And I have to add this as an aside. I'm sorry so many of the pictures are "crooked." Brandon says it makes him sick to look at them. I read on some photography blog that the angle adds interest, and for the most part, I agree, but I may have overdone it on our trip.
3 comments:
All I can say to your last two posts is... Take me with you!!! and I so wish I was there :) Love seeing the pics!! and the pic of Brandon with his tongue out...What does the credit card advertisment say....PRICELESS!!!
I thought the Vatican was amazing as well. Especially the section of the museum with the flat painting on the ceiling that looked like it wasn't flat! I see you noticed that as well. Seeing your pictures makes me want to go back! Hope you are having a fantastic week.
I loved the angles. They turned out Awesome. On another note, how do you keep your boy's hands off everything? My boys want to touch everything.
Post a Comment