Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More Adventures

So, we decided to join English Heritage. The closest thing I can think to compare it to is joining the National Parks in the States. Pay one big price one time, get into a lot more places free. Be sure to check the link. The web site is great and can offer a lot more interesting tidbits than I can. There are about a zillion places we can go see, and I'm sure we'll only get to about a quarter of them, if that.
So our first two we knocked out in one day. We decided to go see Framlingham and Orford castles. If you desire detailed facts, again I refer you to the English Heritage website. I can tell you that Framlingham is where Mary Tudor, daughter of Henry VIII and Katherine of Aragon, was staying when she found out her half brother Edward had died and that she was to be queen, the first ruling queen of England.
The boys had a great time running around both castles. They were playing kings and knights, of course. I was a little nervous up on the curtain wall at Framlingham, but they managed not to fall off. Here's a few pictures from our outing.

4 comments:

Abbey said...

That's cool you can get that pass. Very good idea!
Hope you are getting adjusted to getting around there. Have you met any friends yet? Is there a ward/branch you go to?

williams family said...

Cute pictures...looks like even Jake and Kyle had fun! Cute header too, you obviously don't need my help!

boys in the hood said...

Hey Melissa! It's so good to hear from you! I would love to add you my list too...of course if you don't mind? As far as hair goes, what are you currently doing...all over color or highlights? All over color would be easier for you to do yourself, but you could check schools in th area, I know Aveda had an institute there which would be a safe bet too..anywayI would love to talk more "hair" with you if you want by email or something.
I love your blog and it so fun to see all those neat places...so jealous!!! Your kids are so grown up!

Lacey, Ryan & Leif said...

Melissa, you will have to let me know how you did the picture slideshow. I need to pack more pictures in too. : )