Sunday, September 21, 2008

Am I Really Behind Again?

Of course I am. Despite the fact that not too much has been going on, I still have not kept up with those few things that have been happening. I won't do another marathon blog about everything that's happened since the camera software went nutso. Just one thing for now.

Jake's First Day of Preschool (actually his 2nd or 3rd)

Because on the first day I, of course, forgot to take pictures. Jake goes to one of those preschools. You know the kind I'm talking about. The kind you always hope you can send your kids to but never seem to have any openings. Well this one had some. It's the cutest little place. It's just down the road from our house. I mean, we have actually even walked once or twice. There's a working farm. They raise all sorts of animals. They spin yarn from the alpacas. They dye the yarn with the plants they grow in the gardens. I can take my compost down there since I don't have a garbage disposal. And Jake's class room is filled with all sorts of stimuli. But the best part? It's practically free!
In this country, the government provides free preschool spaces for three and four year olds, five half days a week. You can configure your days any way you want. So, Jake goes two full days and one half day and all we pay for are the two lunch periods on his full days. I love it and Jake loves it, too. Although I think he gets a little bored when the kids are learning the alphabet seeing as he's already been reading for about a year and a half. Of course, this endears him in the hearts of his teachers. They think it's just brilliant that he's reading already. And be sure to read that with your best British accent!



5 comments:

williams family said...

Wow! Two full days of freedom to yourself...what to do, what to do. I'm sure it gives you a mental break from Jake's non stop talking. :-) Cute pictures!

Jeremy and Sherri said...

so exciting!! I bet Jake is just loving it - NOt to mention that you must like it a bit also.

Abbey said...

That sounds like an awesome preschool...LUCKY!!!

Lolo said...

this is so fun to see Brandon's family. It's been YEARS since i've spoken to/seen Brandon. looks like you guys are having a great adventure. i'll keep blog spying to see what you guys are up to!

Amber Jensen said...

That preschool sounds awesome! I wish things here were that affordable! It is so fun to see pics of your kids.