Okay, I know a lot of you are waiting for a new post, and that this is probably not the post you are waiting for, but these are two things on my mind right now.
First: Am I cheap? About two weeks ago, my neighbor's daughter lost a tooth. I know this because she began shouting about it as soon as she stepped of the bus. So the next morning a the bus stop, she was shouting again about the ten dollars the tooth fairy had left for her. I thought to myself Wow, that seems like a lot then forgot about it. But then, I was reading through my list of blogs and discovered that my friend's daughter received the same amount for her lost tooth. Is inflation really that bad? Is loosing your teeth the answer to surviving the recession? I'm thinking like, a dollar when the teeth start falling out, but again I ask, am I just cheap?
Now, I try not to get too political on my blog because that is not who I am. I don't follow politics, mostly because it all annoys me. But, this is the second thing on my mind right now: Obama seems really big on this taking responsibility campaign as far as the economy is concerned but then he wants to pass the FOCA (Freedom of Choice Act). How can he expect people to take responsibility for their economic situation if they can't take responsibility for creating human life? Let's get people to take some responsibility for that act. A failure to accept the consequences of bad decisions is the plague of this generation, and the FOCA is fuel for the fire.
Okay, that's it. Sorry. Had to get it off my chest. Also, thank goodness they finally got rid of Bikini Girl. Now there's some reality TV. Seeing her make it to Hollywood, and through round one was almost enough to make me stop watching.
Anywho, I'll get some pictures up in the next post. Stay Tuned!
8 comments:
Dito on the bikini girl! I was so mad she made it that far.
The tooth fairy only gives a dollar at my house! And yes, we are cheap ;)
The tooth fairy only gives a dollar at our house also - and hey is was going to be a quarter so doin't think that you are cheap -
AMEN Sista! (on all of the things on your mind!)
i guess we are all cheap because WHEN the toothfairy comes (hasn't had a need to yet) it will definitly not be more than a dollar.
Agreeing with you an everything. Still only a dollar at my house. And it will be for Kael. Glad to see bikini girl gone. gag!
It's still a dollar at our house too. Sometimes a gold dollar. And glad to see bikini girl gone too!! There are some good ones this year, but they are all really young it seems.
Here, here! Amen Sister!! Do I sound like I agree? Because I really do. I remember not getting anything for a lost tooth but...a new tooth. Ha!! FOCA, let's not get started down that road. Once again Mel, you have made me smile. Love it!
It is a dollar at our house too. Which was good because Cassidy loses her teeth two at a time.
Post a Comment