Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This Must Be What Heaven Looks Like


Except in Heaven, the wheels are probably white, too. This is a tiny area in my laundry room that is hidden behind the open door of the laundry room most of the time. But when I saw it, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. With the help of elfa and some postal angels (you know who you are) I was able to make this space EXTREMELY functional. In those drawers are ALL of my kids' arts and craft supplies, all my gift wrapping paraphernalia, extra light bulbs, table cloths and a few other odds and ends. It's awesome. The best part is the art stuff. The boys know where it is, and more importantly, where it goes when they are done with it. And because it's on wheels, they can just roll it out when they want to use it. I don't have to tell them no nearly as much now when they ask to do creative projects because I know that they will be able to clean up themselves, and a creative project for them doesn't become more work for me. I know some of you are still hoping to see some pictures of my closets, but, like some people are worried about people finding out about the skeletons in their closets, I'm worried about the closets themselves. I've decided that your closets say a lot about you and this is what mine are screaming at me.
"Your kids have WAY to many clothes."
"It's time to stop hanging on to all those baby things if you're not having any more babies."
"Stop waiting until you lose weight to buy yourself some new clothes."
"This outfit again, really?"
"You need sweater boxes."
"You have obsessive compulsive disorder."
Yes, a look into my closets is something I might not be ready to share with all of you just yet. It looks nice, but reveals a little too much of my neurosis. So this peak into my laundry room will have to do for now. Hope it inspires you to shape up an area in your home.

6 comments:

williams family said...

You make me laugh! I know I'm inspired, now if only I had ANY space left in my house that I could organize. I need to move!

Abbey said...

Wish we would have hung out more...I have a feeling our OCD would have gotten along so well. I just wish I had the space to put things like that. Stupid texas housing!

Joy :) said...

I wish I could organize every space of my house like that. I love it when everything is in it's place. And what about Tatiana?

Jenni said...

So what does it say about you when you don't have closets?

Jeremy and Sherri said...

I love your blogs - too fun - and your closets are well organized - I have seen them - maybe not your current ones (but oh how I wish I could see them - and the rest of Europe also) - you crack me up!

~Lori said...

I wish you would come and organize at my house! :)