Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seriously?!?!


Alright, we're two days in and I'm guessing that several of you readers have tuned into the American Idol auditions. Oh, how it sucks us in. I have to say, I did not start watching AI until the season with Chris Daughtry, but now, I never miss it. What is it about the awkwardness of the auditions that we just can't get enough of? There are times when I honestly have to look away from the screen.
So, a few of the things that I have to wonder every season:
Has this person ever watched this show?
Who told this person they should audition?
Are you still friends with this person?
Do these people know they are getting on the show to be made fun of?
How does Ryan Seacrest keep a straight face?


It's no secret that I tried my hand at AI auditions. It is nothing like what they show in the edit. This gets to me every season. It's why I have to wonder if the people know they are going to be made fun of. I don't think I'm some fantastic singer, and I certainly don't think I have the chops to be a star, but I'm better than some of the yahoos that come before the judges table. So, are these people just completely delusional, or do the producers tell them to just really ham it up?
And don't even get me started on bikini girl from Phoenix. First of all, she can't sing. Second of all, she not only showed up for auditions in her bikini once, but twice. Did anyone else notice that she had a completely different hair color when she was waiting in line? More evidence to the lies perpetuated by the edit. I'm sure the producers told her that she had to come back in her bikini. Anyway, that's my little annual AI rant. I probably won't make this my forum for things like this too often, but I know you all are watching too.

3 comments:

Nicole Howard said...

What?? You tried out for AI? When? What happened? That is great. You look beautiful in that picture btw! Details please.

Joy :) said...

I still can't believe that girl in the bikini? I did notice she went from blond to brown. She is a joke. I do think you sing wayyyyy better than so many of those people we end up seeing on there. How do they pick them? David and I were talking about that last night when we were watching it. "Why wasn't Melissa picked?" Dang it!

Shelley said...

I can't wait to see AI. It's doesn't air here in Japan for 2 more weeks. There's one reason to be glad you went to England instead of Japan-- but only one. By the way, your haircut in that picture is DARLING. Maybe I should go even shorter!!