Monday, January 5, 2009

History Lesson

As I have mentioned, the days are pretty short right now. And, the weather has been pretty cold. In fact, it snowed today. So we have sort of been staying home thinking, we'll see things when it warms up, when the days are longer. But NO MORE! We have decided that we hate it here unless we are taking advantage of our opportunity. No more agonizing on whether or not to make the haul down to London. It's either make the haul, or stay cooped up inside these same four walls that we are beyond tired of. So, on December 27th, we made the trip to London, again. This time we decided to focus our attention on the Tower of London. We had heard that this is an all day visit, but weren't sure the boys would agree with that, so we figured we go on a short day and spend all of that and maybe trick them. Turns out, they liked it, much the same way they have enjoyed all the other castles we have visited. And we liked it, too. There really is a lot to see there. We heard most of the guided tour, when we weren't telling Jake to be quiet. And, the rest is self guided, which is always good for us because we can see everything at breakneck speed without reading too much and getting through before the kids lose interest. Here's the slideshow. Enjoy. After this I'm all caught up again. Don't know what I'll blog about next. I have an essay formulating about why the Twilight saga is so irresistible, but I don't think I want to descend to that level of geekiness. Oh well, stay tuned.

1 comment:

~Lori said...

I love seeing all of your pictures. Can we all just live vicariously through you on your journey in England? I would love it!!