Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Quiet Christmas

After a week or so of recovery I am now ready to post about our Christmas. This must have been the most understated Christmas we have had since the days when we were first married and there were two gifts under the tree, one from Brandon to me and one from me to him. With limited space to work with, we told Santa not to bring too much. He must have known we have a lot of room in our outside storage areas, yes plural, areas. The boys were up before the sun, not really an amazing feat here because the sun doesn't really light up the sky until about 8:00, but they did let us sleep in despite their excitement. I knew, however, once I heard the discovery of the gifts beneath the tree, that we couldn't prolong the agony of waiting anymore. It is so fun to watch my boys on Christmas. They are so into it, and just as eager to give us our gifts as they are to open theirs. I guess I remember being that way when I was little. Our holiday really was quiet. The weather was cold and cloudy and with the days so short right now, it's not a good combination for getting out and seeing things. So we made the most of staying in and being together, enjoying our new gifts and having no schedule. Here's the slideshow. We hope your Christmas was as nice as ours.

1 comment:

Joy :) said...

Ok, I have so much to say. I don't even know where to start. First of all, I hate it when people move here then move away. Second, I can't believe how old your boys look. They both need haircuts. Especially the front of Jake's geez. That cowlick. And Kael, he talks exactly like Kyle did when you guys lived here. I am not kidding. I just keep saying, he reminds me so much of Kyle. Then it just makes me miss you guys all over again. And every time I drive by your house it doesn't help. I really don't like becoming friends with air force people anymore. I love these pictures though, they really are cute.