Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Moving Day

We got the keys to our new house today. I have been hauling boxes over there for the better part of the day, and I've got more to do. The packers come tomorrow, but I wanted to get a jump on the process. And, because we have CLOSETS in our new house, the stuff I take over won't be in the way when the movers start loading in our furniture. I'm pretty excited about our new place. I get the impression that we TOTALLY lucked out getting this house. It has 110 voltage outlets, the aforementioned closets, mixer taps, and a huge yard with a gate leading directly to the playground. And, quite possibly the thing I am most excited about, besides the closets, is what is inside those closets. ELFA SHELVING!!! I have wanted closet organization like this since I knew what those words meant. Just looking into my new closets makes me happy. I'll probably post pictures of my beautifully organized closets. I LOVE IT!!! The only downside is that it is a duplex. We share a wall with our neighbors, a MASTER BEDROOM WALL, people. Whose brilliant idea was that? Someone very lonely, I guess. When they say that everyone knows your business when you live in base housing, they really aren't kidding. Oh well, hopefully there won't be too many embarrassing overshares with our neighbors. More to blog about, though. And, apparently it takes, like, a week for the Internet to transfer after the move, so don't be too disappointed if it's like a ghost town here for the next few days. I do what I can to keep it fresh around here, ya know, straight out the ground (we've been watching Madagascar A LOT these days), but I've got to get my new home looking lovely. Until that closet post. . .

4 comments:

Nicole Howard said...

Elfa shelving eh??? Awesome! Can't wait to see pictures.

Jeremy and Sherri said...

Just put your bed on the opposite side of the wall that gets shared - I never ever heard Nicole except when she was so good and ran on her treeadmill :) (we shared a duplex wall many moons ago) I'm so excited for your new house too!

williams family said...

Well, I definately want to see pictures of the new place, and the closets. Of course I know about ELFA shelving and I'm very envious, I've wanted that too, and still do...one day. Good luck with the move!

Lacey, Ryan & Leif said...

Turning green with envy Melissa. I am laughing about the shared room. I can sympathize with you, our house echos like crazy that I'm sure Leif can hear anything. Ughh! The thought.