Monday, October 6, 2008

Already?!?

So the other day, Jake was singing one of his "Jolly Phonics" songs that he's been learning in preschool. These songs are pretty cute, and since Jake already reads, I'm sure he just figures that "Jolly Phonics" time is singing time. So, anyway, he sings these all the time at home, and like a lot of what Jake says, I had to start tuning it out, because it was constant. But, the other day, I had to tune in because this is what I heard: (to the tune of Farmer in the Dell) "The snake is in the grahs, the snake is in the grahs sssssssssss, the snake is in the grahs." I figured my kids might pick up an accent, especially Jake, being at the British preschool, but that quickly? Leave it to Jake to amaze me again.

6 comments:

Nicole Howard said...

K...so first I just thought you couldn't spell;)...then it dawned on me...the accent. That is funny. You are going to have little Englishmen;)

Abbey said...

Haha...that is cute!

Shelley said...

How cute. I want a British accent too! I have a bunch of friends here from the UK and I have said a dozen times that's the accent I want to leave Tokyo with! Maybe Anthon has a chance-- his preschool teacher is a Brit!

Amber Jensen said...

Jake is a Brit! How cute, I love that accent. Has Kyle picked it up yet?

williams family said...

Too funny!

Lacey, Ryan & Leif said...

I am caught up with you guys now and I am coming to stay. Would that be ok? I do have an SLR camera and I am not the best photographer but I will do in a pinch. Wouldn't you guys just love to squeeze me into your cozy home in England. Ha!