OK, so I don't think this comes as a huge surprise to anyone, and I don't think it really sets me apart from the rest of the human race. I just really do not like having my whole home turned upside down and living out of a suitcase for a month or two at a time. Now, don't worry about me. I'll get over it as I'm cruising the Thames, punting on the River Cam, exploring Edinburgh Castle or taking the chunnel train to Paris, but for now, NOT FUN. And I feel bad just sitting here writing my blog as complete strangers pack up all of my possessions. I'm extremely grateful for these strangers, because I certainly don't want to do it myself, and I have been helping out a little, but I still feel bad. And let's not forget about living amongst the boxes. Moving is hard enough without these enormous reminders creating a maze in the shell we once called our home.
So, the truck comes tomorrow, and they'll load all of our belongings into huge wooden crates. Three more days. I can't believe it. Our two years in Texas certainly went by fast.
6 comments:
I hear ya!
Thanks for lunch today...I'm going to miss you. Happy Birthday tomorrow. Hope you guys drive safe.
Melissa, I so sympathize with you!
I am most certainly not looking forward to our move in two weeks. I hope you are having a great time bumming around before heading to the UK. I had so much fun with you guys at the reunion. Love you guys.
I love your blog! Your kids have gotten so big; Jake in particular has really changed. I am excited for your move. England is going to be awesome and we will be up to visit sometime for sure. Belated Happy Birthday and Anniversary!
Hi Melissa! This is Cara from Beale, except I'm not at Beale anymore...but i think you already knew that from JaNae. I saw you on her blog, and thought I would check to see how you guys are doing...so exciting you are heading to England. We will have to keep track of eachother, cause you never know we could be on our way over seas too?!! Your boys are so big, and cute. It is so fun to see pictures...I love blogs, and am so glad JaNae jumped on the wagon too!
HOw are you guys? Are yo getting settled in yet? I want to see pictures!! Just a little hint though.
I've been looking and looking for your family reunion post and you still haven't put it up! I'm thinking maybe you ditched it. Oh well. I'll keep checking back. I know you guys only have a few days left here, so enjoy yourself! We'll miss you. It was great seeing you at the reunion and spending a few days with you. We will be saving our pennies to make the trip over. Good luck with everything! Oh, and tell the boys hi and that we miss them. I was telling Kate on her birthday everyone that was going to come to her party and she said, "Kyle, Jake". I had to explain that they wouldn't be coming, but she's still thinking about them.
Post a Comment