Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Technology Gods

So, just as I suspected, just one day after starting my blog, the technology gods became angered with me and my computer began failing. The geek squad had to be called in. Perhaps I should have offered some sort of sacrifice before venturing into this new world. But we are up and running again. It's a good thing too, because the idea of preparing to move overseas without being able to use the internet was almost enough to cause a mental breakdown.

Also, I'll have to get used to checking the comments, as well as checking my e-mail. Thanks to all of you who piped in.

I promise that the blog will get a little more colorful and interesting. I'm a little skeptical about putting my pictures out there, but when I have more impressive backgrounds, I'll stop using that excuse.

We finally have all of our travel arrangements made. The month of July will be used up mostly visiting our families before saying goodbye. I'll have a laptop, but I'm not sure if I'll have much time. Then, on July 22nd, we'll make the big jump. AHHHHHHH! I really am trying to keep it together, but I have my moments.

1 comment:

Nicole Howard said...

Hey Melissa..I saw you comment on Sherri's page...so I added you to my blog. It will be fun it keep in touch when you go. Add me!!
Nicole Howard