Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Our April

Well, folks, I decided it's about time I catch up this blog a li'l bit. I've put up a few things, but there have been some adventures that I have let fall by the wayside. I believe the last adventure was Iceland, which was back in February. March was pretty slow, which brings us to April. April means spring break for us. We actually took separate vacations this year. It's not as bad as it sounds. Brandon had already made plans that I told him not to change when mine did. So, the boys and I headed of the US for a couple of weeks. We spent a few days in Atlanta with my Aunt and Uncle (and cousins.) Then went to Evansville for the rest of the trip to see my Dad and Maria and my Mom. We mostly did things to keep the kids entertained, but I did manage to get in some fun with the old gang. Some fun, not nearly enough. And I didn't get nearly enough pictures either.
At the Nature Center in Atlanta with my Aunt
Mammoth Cave with my Dad
A fun adventure for the boys

Meeting their new -for lack of a more accurate term-cousin, my step-brother Sam's new baby
Mesker Park Zoo


Now, on to those plans Brandon already had, because I know you haven't been able to stop thinking about them. Who am I kidding? Anyone reading this already knows that Brandon was in Jerusalem for Spring Break. I think he got the better deal. No kids, on a nine hour flight. He went to volunteer at a dental clinic there and put braces on all the Israeli kids. Just kidding. He got to see if he remembered how to do real dentistry for a few days, at least when he wasn't busy sightseeing. And he got to see it all, especially considering he spent an extra four days there after the volcano in Iceland screwed up everyone's travel plans, except mine, of course.
The Dead Sea
The Clinic
The Wailing Wall
Garden of Gethsemane

The Sepulchre

Dome of the Rock
BYU Jerusalem Center


Baptismal Area of the Jordan River

And so our April came and went in a whirlwind of travel. It was really only two weeks out of the month but the remaining weeks were the one leading up to the travel, which was spent getting ready to go, and the week following the travel, which was spent recovering. You know how it goes. Laundry, grocery, laundry, grocery again because you can't bring yourself to do a real trip to the grocery, laundry. The slow return to the everyday. Stay tuned for our May.

No comments: