We went to Piccadilly Circus.

We went to Hampton Court Palace.




And Brandon, Jake and Brandon's dad even toured Wimbledon Stadium, although we don't have any pictures of that.Our next big adventure was a trip to Wales. I wasn't sure what to expect. I just knew that everyone I'd talked to that had been there loved it.
We rode the railway up Snowdon Mountain.


I thought this was a really beautiful trip. It was overcast at the bottom, but we eventually came out over the clouds, which was awesome. And I mean awesome in the literal sense that it was awe inspiring. We wandered around at the top for a little while, then on to more adventure.







Like this adventure at Caernarfon Castle. Only one picture because I usually spend most of our castle adventures trying to make sure the boys don't fall off the castle walls.

We then wandered around Caernarfon, where we found this fountain, and this,

quickly became this

and this.

One more of Caernarfon Castle

Then we were off to Beaumaris Castle. We saw a lot of castles, alright?


Our next day we went to Conway Castle.

This was especially fun for the kids because they had a CSI type scavenger hunt set up. Jake had to get a good look at the clues.


Their distraction with finding clues made it a little easier for me to get pictures.



This one speaks for itself.

This one does too, kinda. This is the name of the town in Wales with the longest name. It may even be the longest name of any town in all of Europe. Don't feel bad, I can't say it either.

Next, and after a very harrowing drive to get there, Harlech Castle.


The next day was time to return home. We stopped in Llangollen on our way. Very charming.

We even rode the horse pulled canal boat.


We also stopped in Ironbridge, to see the oldest iron bridge in England.

Also very charming. It reminded me a lot of Harper's Ferry, West Virginia, just without all of the period dressed park rangers.

And last, but not least, we celebrated my birthday. It was on a Sunday, so it was a pretty quiet affair, but look at all those treats Brandon picked up for the celebration!
One month to go, and its a biggie. And by the time I get done with it, it will actually be time for an August recap. Although, we haven't done much this month. I needed some recoup time after June and July and before school starts. Stay tuned for Our July.
No comments:
Post a Comment