
So when we left Idaho, we returned, this time with the boys, to Utah, to stay with Brandon's brother and his family. It would appear that they've done a lot of hosting this summer, so thanks, you guys. We had a good time while we were there. We checked out the old stomping grounds at
BYU and visited a few of our favorite haunts. Brandon must have really been feeling nostalgic, because he walked us through all of the old buildings where he had classes. Here's the boys "learning their science." Oh, and sorry about all the tiny pics on the last couple posts. We figured it might be a while before we got back to Utah and
BYU, so we had to stock up at the bookstore with hats and T-shirts. I don't know if everyone feels this way about returning to the
college they attended, but going back to
BYU is always so fun. It certainly has changed a lot in ten years. No one really had cell phones when we were there. Now, everyone does. And they've built so many new buildings. But, enough with my ode to the "Y." Just one more picture.

There's those shirts we found in Jackson.
Now, the main reason we were in Utah was to sell our Nissan to my brother-in-law's brother-in-law. Got that? Yes, it was time to bid farewell to the little sedan that had so valiantly taken Brandon to and from work for the last seven years. That little car saw a lot happen in our lives. We bought it back when we were still in dental school, our first major purchase as a married couple. I remember having to consider whether a car seat would fit in the back seat. We found out only a short while later that I was pregnant with Kyle. It traveled nearly coast to coast and nearly from the northern to the southern borders of the US. But the Air Force only lets us ship one car, and naturally we decided on the van (more on why that may not have been the best choice at a later time). Also, one of Brandon's friends in the ortho residency (you know who you are) convinced Brandon that his experience in the UK would not be complete without a right hand drive vehicle. So, the Nissan had to go. Thanks, Mike, for taking it off our hands. From Utah, our family would be parting ways for a few days, Brandon returning to Texas to out-process and me and the boys to Georgia to visit my family. We ran into a few snags with that due to some major screw ups by travelocity. All I can say is, if your computer stalls in the middle of an airline ticket purchase and you have to start over, make sure both reservations don't get cancelled. We drove to the Salt Lake airport about eight times in three days. But Brandon finally made it back to San Antonio, and the next day the boys and I flew safely to Atlanta.
So why the business about the Internet star, you ask? Well, both of our boys love music, a trait they get from both parents, and both of them display a fair amount of musical talent, a trait they get a little more form me than Brandon. Kyle is quite good with the piano and hopes to play several other instruments. Now, Jake, his instrument is his voice. He also has an incredible photographic memory. He had been doing this for a while, I guess since the song came out and was being played so often, maybe eight months. Brandon and I had talked about posting it, but hadn't for a couple reasons. 1.) We weren't sure if we wanted to exploit him like that and 2.) We're not real tech savvy and didn't really know how. So before leaving Utah, Jake's uncle Sean, a celebrated (at least in our low tech family) computer genius, took it upon himself to share Jake's talent with the masses and made this video. This family might have a shot at American Idol after all. Thanks, Sean!
So, that's all for now. We think we've found a house, more on that later. Now the search begins for that right hand drive vehicle. Join us next time for Chapter Four: Georgia on My Mind.
6 comments:
Melissa- I enjoy reading your blog. I've been thinking about you guys and wondering how your flight went, ect. It does take awhile to adjust. I'm glad you made it and can't wait to see your family sometime soon.
I love that video, I mostly love how he starts and ends it, shows his personality, which is so funny! I'm glad we finally got him recorded, now we can listen anytime we want. Thanks Jake!
Hey Williams fam. Love the video. My wife walked by as I was watching it and asked "who is that" followed by "that is ADORABLE!"
I'm expecting one of his next songs to be from The Cure so I know he is picking up on some of his dad's skills.
WOW to that video - Can we say we knew him when....
Oh my goodness, that was the sweetest thing I've ever seen.
That was the cutest video!! He is a really good singer. He could be doing commercials or a sitcom or something!!!!
Post a Comment