Each night, one family was in charge of preparing dinner, and another for planning some sort of activity. It works out pretty well for a week in a family with seven kids.
Our next day outing was to Yellowstone National Park. I had been there as a kid, but, as we know, that was a long long time ago. I have clearly grown up since then because, instead of being completely bored with the scenery, I enjoyed it immensely. There are so many amazing creations to see in this world. We saw the geysers, the mountains, the wild life. I could have slapped this buffalo on the behind it was so close to our car.
We waited around to see Old Faithful go off a couple times.
Jake was pretty curious about the Dragon's Mouth. This was after we dragged him kicking and screaming from the car because he didn't want to get out because geysers are "stupid." It was getting pretty cool at this point. And despite their early interest, it was definitely waning.
And talk about random, there we are waiting for Old Faithful to erupt and I hear an unmistakable voice saying "Brandon and Melissa Williams!?" I turned to see our friends from dental school, Romney and Ali Black. It was such a strange coincidence, but a good one. We had not seen them in six years. Pretty amazing. Of all the national parks and all the different places to stop in Yellowstone, we end up there at the same time.
Okay, wow, this is getting long.
I better sum up the rest. On day three, some of our group went white water rafting while the rest of us went to the bear and wolf sanctuary in West Yellowstone, Montana. I was among the bears with the boys while Brandon took a trip down river. Just a note for all you osophiles out there, bears do not hibernate. We have been lied to for years. Unfortunately that is the only part of the tidbit I can remember. The name of what they actually do escapes me.
The week concluded with another trip into Yellowstone,
with a snow ball fight on July fourth, as well as another shopping/sightseeing trip in West Yellowstone. We really had a wonderful time being with family. The boys especially loved being with all their adorable cousins.
We knew it would be a long time before we saw everyone again. Of course that's not to say that anyone who would like to visit isn't welcome. We just might not have much room.
The house hunt resumes today. I just keep thinking of how glad I am that I was on the winning side of the revolutionary war. I'm not saying it's so awful here. It's just really hard to adjust. It's no wonder when the colonists realized they had options, they revolted. Everyday tasks require my full brain power because they are so different right now. I'll adjust in a while, but for now, argh! And anyone who's spent time with my boys in a small space for very much time know that that can limit brain power. Anyway, hope this didn't bore you all to tears. Next time, Chapter Three: My Son the Internet Star.
4 comments:
It's a small world. Reminds me of the time a few years back that I ran into you guys in Palmyra, NY at the Joseph Smith home.
You guys are apparently good at running into people at random times. I remember running into you at the mall once...does that count?? Ha ha..I love Jackson Hole. I haven't been there for years.
you are a pro at being able to run into people you have not see in a long time. when are our paths going to cross again???
Sounds like you guys had a great time before you had to head out of the country.
Hope you find a place soon and that you adjust to the new place.
Post a Comment