Tuesday, September 21, 2010

We Really Do Love Our Kids

But they don't really love to travel. It depends, really, on whether there will be enough kid friendly activities or not. We figured Prague would not have enough to satisfy our boys. So for Labor Day weekend, we left the boys with friends and headed there by ourselves. We had a really good time. Prague is really as beautiful as I have heard. It is very picturesque. Which is why I took lots of pictures. So, here you go!

Towers on the Charles Bridge
The Castle at night
I also got a chance to break in my new zoom lens that Brandon picked up for me on his trip to the US back in August. I was super excited to try it out and even more excited once I saw some of the images I was able to get. Most of the pictures in this post were taken with the new lens, but the following shots really give a good idea of just how close I was able to get.
Detail of St. Vitus Cathedral
Detail of the Municipal House
More details of St. Vitus Cathedral

It was was a fun weekend. We mostly just walked around looking at old buildings, which is why we thought the boys would be better off missing this one. When we got home and told them what we did, they thanked us for not taking them, even when we told them we had eaten at McDonald's and the Hard Rock Cafe. So everyone was happy. Another travelling success.

No comments: