Monday, September 20, 2010

Our August

Yes, I know September is nearly over. You would think that having the boys back in school would mean I'd have lots more time to get lots more done, but somehow, even though I'm being exponentially more productive than I was in the summer, my to do list never seems to get any shorter. So anyway, this was our August. We visited two royal residences during August. TWO!
First was the Queen's country estate at Sandringham. Nice country home, huh? We only got to tour a few rooms, but we did get to see where old Lizzie kicks back to watch the tube. The museum tour was actually much more interesting than the house.
Our other Royal visit was to Buckingham Palace. This tour lasted a little longer. It's all relative, I suppose. Buckingham Palace is pretty huge. I'm guessing we didn't even see 10%. But the tour was still interesting. I had an especially fun time trying to keep Jake on track with the audio guide. Audio guides are both the best and worst things to ever happen to tourism.
A view of the palace from the gardens.

After our tour, we headed up to Hyde Park corner to visit the original Hard Rock Cafe. We had been before to eat and shop, but this time we decided to head down to the vault. Now, I was under the impression that the vault was where they kept all the rock paraphernalia that they don't have space to display. Nope. It's just a tiny little room with some of the more iconic things, lots of Elvis and the Beatles.
And finally, on August 30, the boys went back to school. Hooray! Did I say that out loud? Third grade for Kyle and first grade for Jake. WHAT?!?!?!? I know it's so cliche, but I cannot believe they are getting so big. They are loving school. Kyle loves it for all the socializing and Jake is like a sponge. I can't believe how super motivated he is to get his homework done when he comes home each day. I do hear a lot of "I don't want to go to school" each morning from both of them, but that's only when I'm trying to get them out of bed. Once they are up, they can't wait to get out the door.
So, that was August. September has been good, but I don't think I'll do a monthly wrap up of September. It's time to get back to my editorials. I know you're all looking forward to it. ;>)

No comments: