
Well, folks, at our house that pink cake mix can only mean one thing. Yes, Jake's birthday. It always makes me laugh to make Jake's birthday cake because he always chooses a very boyish theme for his party, but his favorite cake flavor is strawberry. So I make these super tough cakes that are pink on the inside. This year, the theme was Transformers, but he wanted the
Decepticons, not the
Autobots icon. Fine. I suppose when we cut up the cake and ate it, we destroyed the evil forces of the
Decepticons.

I thought it turned out pretty well. What you can't see is the wax paper that is still attached to my sugar decal. It's too humid here for those to dry, so I had to improvise to get it on the cake. To the uninformed observer, it looks pretty good, but I know this was my third attempt and not my best decal. Oh well. It's just cake, right?

Jake had a very small party. We only invited four guests, and only three showed up. Fine by me. Lots of little kindergarten age boys running around may have been enough to do me in. Just these four were a lot to wrangle.

I can't believe he is already six. And at the same time, he has seemed so grown up for so long. So happy birthday,
Jaker Baker! We love you!
3 comments:
Your cake is awesome, what you talkin about? You amaze me, you're a great mom.
I love it! You make the best cakes. Could you make one for Kyle's b-day in July please? He would like the same one. And those boys of yours, I swear! I can't believe how much they keep growing. I miss them so.
I can't believe that he is six also - your cakes are always so great!! we miss you guys - lots of love!!
Post a Comment