Obviously I was a little pleased with my idea, or I would not have bothered to blog about it. I used a 12x12 piece of cardstock (you could use any size) and folded up each side 1 & 1/2 inches. The small squares created at each corner I folded on the diagonal then punched holes and tied with ribbon. In the picture I used embroidery floss, but I recommend 1/4 inch ribbon because it holds the corners together better. The possibilities for decoration are endless. It isn't super stable, but I just carried it on top of a real plate that I could then take home and leave the super cute paper tray. I may never use paper plates again. So there you go if you're ever in a Sabbath day jam.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Has This Ever Happened to You?
It's Sunday afternoon, or maybe you're just leaving church. Your husband says, nonchalantly, "I'm going Home Teaching. Do you think you could make some cookies?" Well, in our house, the answer to that is generally yes. I usually have the ingredients to mix up some sort of sweet treat. But a method for delivering them? That is another story. See, once I make up cookies, I like to keep them at our house. So, yesterday Brandon needed some Home Teaching treats and I had no paper plates, no plastic bags, nothing. Shame on me for not having these items around during the holidays but, as we all know, necessity is the mother of invention, so I pulled together this cute little paper tray. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you are super inventive. I am really impressed. Is there a way to send some of those sweet treats this way??? LOL
We took some cookies over to some friends for Christmas and I was in the same boat. I had no plates to put them on, so I had to just use one of our regular plates, and just asked them if they had a plate I could transfer them onto. I like your idea. I would have used it.
Post a Comment