Thursday, December 3, 2020

Yes, I'm Still Here

    Well, folks, I'd love to be able to say that those amazing feelings from my last post have carried me through the fall and into the holiday season, but, alas, that is not the case. I guess that's pretty obvious. I mean, if there was stuff to share, I'd share, right? Well, not necessarily. I've been avoiding the internet. During election season, I decided that the internet was not somewhere I wanted to be. And I also started thinking maybe the internet is not a place I want to be dropping a bunch of our family photos. Can we all just go back to using Facebook like the family Christmas letter instead of posting all the horrors being perpetrated on mankind by mankind?

    So, what have we been up to? Well, we did get moved into our house. We moved in on September 2nd, and we only had to spend a week living with the loaner furniture from the base. That was a surprise, but a welcome one. We certainly weren't expecting the call telling us our household good had arrived, but were very glad when it came because the loaner beds, me no likey. So we spent the next few weeks unpacking and getting things into place. I have to be honest, the challenge of figuring out a new house puzzle is not as exciting as is used to be. I look forward to the day that we can be done moving around so often. But, we got most of it figured out. Anything is better than this:




    I'm going to make you wait for the after pictures. Mostly because I haven't taken any yet. But, let me point out one thing I LOVE about our little German house. See those windows behind Jake and the couch? See the other window that just barely made it into that same picture on the right? Do you see how the first two are completely dark, but the third shows that it is obviously midday? Let me just say that nap time is next level here. If I want to, I can make any room as dark as night, with the exception of the front living room, because the light comes through the glass in the front door. It's pretty fantastic. And that rug is covering up that one standout tile I shared on Facebook, but I have since found others. Boo. And yes, the white tile is throughout the entire house. Probably not something I would opt for, given the chance. That's the other reason I haven't been sharing. I've been too busy keeping my floors clean. EVERYTHING shows up on white tile. The tiniest grain of sand. It's maddening. But it's fine.

    Anyway, I just wanted to check in and let you all know that I hadn't fallen off the face of the earth, even if there may have been days when that didn't seem like such a bad thing. I'll have more for you soon.

No comments: