The house we bought belonged to a family with four little girls, so when we moved in, the four bedrooms looked like they fell out of a bag of easter mix M&M's. Not bad, just not good. So, after much deliberation, we decided on the following color improvements. I'll do a before and after, just so you all can oooh and ahhhh over how tremendous it is.
Hmmm? What's that? You expected finished rooms? Ah hahahahahaha hahahahah ahem, uh, no. That's funny. Things don't get decided that quickly around here. Come on people. It's October 19th and we just got the walls painted. We moved in on August 30th. So drink it in all of you who think I'm some sort of neat freak and that my house is never messy. I'm putting it on the interwebs, folks, in all of it's disorganized glory. I didn't hate the blue. In fact, the pictures make it look like we barely changed it. But, it is a little more muted, which suits me much better.
Granted this is a spare bedroom/office. I could have left it lavender, with little butterfly appliqués, but is that really me? I mean, really? A nice cool gray? Much more me.
Again, not awful to have pastel green in a little boy's room, but that pastel green? No. Besides, I have a vision, people.
Yes, folks, that is a Pepto Bismol pink bedroom, with floral appliqués. (The appliqués and vinyl were everywhere. I'm not opposed to vinyl, but this was all girl themed vinyl. I'll get to that, too, in another post.) Not the ideal wrapper for a nine year old boy. Now that the boys each have their own room for the first time since they were old enough to care, we decided to let them be moderately involved in choosing which direction their rooms would go, with lots of gentle guiding and full veto power, of course. Kyle said he wanted green walls. Green is tricky, folks, in case you're considering it. But the one we decided on (after many test pots) is perfect. I really love it. Kyle's room just feels so happy. I love all the rooms, actually. I was literally skipping back and forth down my hallway today. I think the painters thought I was a freak.
So, now, because I know you all are going to ask, and I like to be ahead of the game, the colors are, respectively Blue Fox, Gray Timber Wolf, Colorado Springs and Herbal Garden, all by Behr and available at the Home Depot, and no, I do not get any compensation from Behr or Home Depot for telling you that, although. . .
So, I hope you all enjoyed the first glimpses into our new home. I intend to have finished rooms to post before too, long.
What's that? You'd like to hear about all those things we did before we left England, too? Well then I better get going. I've got a lot to do!








3 comments:
We thoroughly enjoyed looking at these photos and hearing about the fun you had in the house. The moms and I laughed through the whole thing! Can't wait for volume 2.
I love the colors that you picked! I bet the boys like sleeping in their rooms now that they aren't "girlie".
I am SO happy for you! The colors are fabulous! =) And I think that is the first time I have EVER seen anything on the floor in your house. ;)
Post a Comment