Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Merlin's Pants! Did You See Me on E!?

Okay, so this is something I have been looking forward to since I found out we were moving to England: The world premiere of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in London's Leicester Square. This post has been shooting out of my fingers like spells from Ginny's wand. After the fiasco of trying to watch the filming in Piccadilly Circus, I was worried that the stars just weren't aligned for me and the boy wizard. I set out on my journey sans my trusty TomTom. Fortunately, I am vaguely familiar with the route to the Epping tube station. After the delay created by the TomTom not working, I was certain that I would miss all the action as I rode into London on the Underground. When I finally arrived at Leicester Square, I was pleasantly surprised to find it not terribly crowded, considering what was going on. I was able to see everyone walking the red carpet. The early pictures in the slide show are from my original vantage point at full zoom. The later ones are from my final vantage point with no zoom, so you can see how much I moved up. I know they are all a little fuzzy. I'm learning how to use my new DSLR that I got for my birthday. I took about a zillion pictures, but chose the better ones for the slide show, and only put in people from the movie. I saw the trio from both vantage points, but used the pictures that looked the best despite how close I was. So, without further ado. . .

Other people I saw and photographed include Tim Burton and Gordon Ramsay. I did see J.K. Rowling, but was unable to get a picture. And, of course, there were lots of famous British people that I did not recognize, but the crowd went wild for. It was tons of fun, totally worth it. I can't wait to do it again for Deathly Hallows 1 and 2.

4 comments:

Cunningham Blog said...

How fun!! Makes me want to move to England just for the experience!

~Lori said...

How cool!!! I know what you mean about the DSLR too. We have one and I am so sick of blurry pictures because I dont know what I am doing I would rather use our point and shoot. I need to take a class or something to figure out how to use it. Let me know if you learn any pointers. :)

Desi said...

That is so amazing! What a fantastic day. I'm surprised there weren't more people there... You are getting to do and see so many wonderful things while living over there!!! I love checking your blog and seeing what adventures you're up to!

Jeremy and Sherri said...

I'm so glad that you get to do those things that you love to do. So fun to see the people without the touchups :) was it raining??